Sunday 25 May 2014

Love amid chaos



Oh Hey! Happy Monday. How's it goin'?
Over here things are somewhat chaotic and messy. Perfect conditions for a little kick in the pants.  Phew. I can totally move mountains when I'm treading chaotic waters. Its not great for my heart but it gets the juices flowing and the inspiration jivin. 

This weekend I wrestled with my printer which is a beast of a machine. It probably won more battles than I did but times like these help me to learn how persistent I can truly be.  Something I don't give myself enough credit for. 

The photo above is a little snap I took with my iPhone. It's a small slice of what's going on in my studio right now. 

It's a complete disaster!  What a mess. Craaaazzzy messy, but that tells me two things: I am busy making art & I am living passionately amid chaos. That's a beautiful thing. Well, actually two things, but who's counting?

Also, that sweet little print?  It's gorgeous and is going to be making its way to its new home with Christa on June 7 when I hit the Mikone market at Cobble Hill Hall. 
I love it and I love it's message. Love you more. To me it means so many things. It's what my mom says to my children when she says goodbye, it's the inspiring message my dear friend & neighbour Joeleen would use to finish off her emails when she was sharing her courageous battle with illness last fall. It's the way I feel about making art and being an artist. I love making art and it helps me to love myself more. Whenever I feel like I'm not good enough, art pulls me to the place where nothing matters except to create. 
When I go there, I am simply in love with life. I love art and life and myself more & more. 

Thanks for your support friends! I love you more too. 

Xo
D


No comments:

Post a Comment