Wednesday 5 November 2014

Waiting in the wings. Art share no.2





Oh, hello Wedesday:)

Here is art share no.2 (I know, that title is so intriguing!!). I call this piece "Waiting in the Wings". It's an acrylic painting done on art board (Masonite) and I love it. 

This piece signifies a first for me. It's a painting that was guided mostly by my intuition instead of a photograph. I did use a few reference photos to draw the basic owl but from there I used previous experience with painting owls to guide me. 

Right now I am pushing myself further into intuitive creativity. I want my work to reflect my voice as clearly as it can and that means I have to rely on stylistic representation as much as possible. I have always been more of a stylized artist than a realistic artist. I love photorealistic art. I think it's amazing! But when I try to make my work look photorealistic I just get frustrated and want to give up. That's not a good thing. When I go with my gut and create in my own style and in the way I feel most guided, I want to soar. It makes me want to jump out of the shadows and fly. 
I called this piece "Waiting in the Wings" because when I look at it that's what I see. And when I look at my progression with art that's what I feel. Like I've been waiting in the wings. Waiting for my wings. Waiting to emerge from the dark into the light. 
Here's to choosing the light, stepping into ourselves and learning to fly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment